Friday, November 14, 2008

History of Desa Homestay

Desa Homestay

Desa Homestay is located in Kampung Tok Sangkut. It's about 10km from the nearest town Pasir Mas which is 24km from Kota Bharu the capital of Kelantan. The owner of Desa Homestay is myself Mazeri Bin Othman, postgraduate university student at UMK(Universiti Malaysia Kelantan).
This is the room that Desa Homestay provided. It's 13 x 13sq which is the old renewed porch at my mother's house. I never plan to manage the homestay. It comes in a few minute when the first time I met Stewart, tourists from UK. I met him last December and from that I think this is the best chance to me start this business at my village.
It's not easy to manage this room. It costs RM2,400. The construction completed in 3 weeks. The decoration in this room I do it myself. All the paintings made by myself. I really love painting. Painting is my hobby and hope that I can expose my painting to the global stage.
The 'pondok' or shed which is located in front of Desa Homestay. It's become a famous shed among local people and tourists. Desa Homestay offered tourists to experience lunch time with Malay family on the shed. It must be great experience for tourists around the world.
Stewart Green from UK. He is teh first tourist I met before I start seriuosly in this industry. I learnt a lot from him and he is very open minded person and travel more than 100 countries.
Stew and myself at my mother's house. That time was the flooding season. Stew's website is http://stewgreen.com/
The photo of Desa Homestay from outside. I took this photo a few weeks ago. Last week I get a comment from one of my friend and he said this is one of the best shot of mine. The photo look natural and has its own meaning. Em..that's right! Aha..so I can be a photographer. Insya Allah.
I love my mother. She is very kind and caring mother. She is holding my son Hannan Hadif which is 5 month old. My mother quite famous among tourists because of her delicious meals. Tourists have a chance to cook with my mother and experience Malay traditional dishes.

No comments: